Sunday, March 21, 2010

Loop inspirations

I felt very limited as an artist to mimic another artist style, so the manatory loop is the lesser favorite of the two i made. I drew from my love of retro movies and theatre, using a radio theatre creation of a Humphrey Bogart movie. I'm love with the time period, the references and sayings, the currency value at the time, everything. I chose for the first to focus on the advertizement of that time Lux Plates, which apperently cleans stalkings quite nicely. the advertizing also said alot about who was listening to these radio shows at the time. i switched it up the second time with 4 repeated seconds of Chopin, mixed with sounds still from the previous advertizments.

My second one I enjoyed doing so much more. I played with the idea of languages and where they break down and build up. a digeridoo is the steady keeper, which for the aboriginees is a language of itself. there is also a spanish liberal saying thing, no filters on that i found it that way, a a capello japapnese version of A Whole New World, which sped itself up when i copy and pasted it to its own track, and 3 words from a wrap about freedom from oppression of goveremnt. I find this one funny but also ominus. it was a lot of fun making this loop. i loved it! but i also loved the old music and voices and sound quality of the other too.

No comments:

Post a Comment